“A Biblically Shaped Way of Life” was started in 2007 by Chris Davis as a simple blog to edify Christians and encourage them to let their lives be shaped by the one and only divine Word of God. After many conversations with other Christians during that time, Chris noticed many believers did not know the Word or live by it as much as they professed they did. So Chris took it upon himself to biblically address some of the topics of the conversations he was having then with the hope that those individuals would be persuaded by the truth of God's Word; ergo, a “Bible ministry” was birthed (Biblically Shaped Ministries). Since 2007 this ministry has grown and expanded in many ways as God has grown and expanded it's founder in many ways.
Chris Davis was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. He's lived a “been there and done that” life in every aspect as a youth and young adult. He joined the Marines in 2000. While in the Marines he met his beautiful wife Morgan and had his first child. He was born-again in February 2003 while he was incarcerated in San Diego, CA. He went from a radical sinner to a radical disciple thanks to Jesus Christ. There is much, much more to share about his story but not enough space to do so. As of now, he currently lives in Central California. He and his wife have been married for 17 years and have 3 children (16, 12, & 10).
Chris is an urban intellectual with a deep love for Jesus and His Word, a zeal to teach God's Word soundly (both orally and written), and a passion for discipleship and helping believers to thrive and develop (i.e. in their life, their faith, their relationships, and their endeavors). Chris’ dependency upon the Spirit of God and the Word of God, along with his wide-ranging experiences (both successes and failures), allows him to effectively minister, disciple, and help others thrive and develop in specific areas. Here are some of those experiences:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Biblical Studies and counseling training from Liberty University.
- 6 years experience in pastoral ministry and leadership development of others. During that time he has trained a dozen leaders and ordained 7 people to vocational ministry.
- 7 years experience in counseling and coaching individuals and couples. He is a certified member of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) and his full national board certification is pending.
- 10 years experience in writing on biblical/Christian topics.
- 10 years experience in discipleship development with adult Christians (individually and in groups).
- 12 years experience in teaching the Bible and speaking on numerous topics across the country to different audiences in many different forums (e.g. jails, schools, panels, conferences, churches, etc).
- 12 years experience in 6 different areas of church leadership with 6 different churches (across mono-to-multi cultural, ethnic, and generational churches).
- youth minister (2005)
- small group leader (2006-2008, 2010-2013)
- men's Bible study leader (2006-2009)
- recovery ministry leader (2007-2009)
- marriage ministry director (2010-2011)
- small group ministry director (2011-2013)
- executive director of a 501c3 non-profit international ministry (2011-2013)
- interim lead pastor (2011)
- assistant pastor (2011-2013)
- church planter/lead pastor (2013-2015)
- pastor of discipleship (overseeing the community group ministry, marriage counseling ministry, and the discipleship of the church) (2015-present)
The purpose of this ministry is to help shape lives by the one and only divine Word of God through blog-articles, sermons, books, teaching/speaking engagements, discipleship/leadership development, recommended resources, and in other ways as it progresses.
Click below to view Biblically Shaped Ministries doctrinal beliefs.